Please read the instructions carefully before uploading or sending us your digital design to print. These instructions are for digital printing only.
- For instructions for digital printing on Indie Handmade click here.
- For instructions for digital printing on envelopes click here.
If you’re a professional designer and require more detailed information – take a look at our Artwork Guidelines.
Getting the format right every time
- We can only print from PDF files. Make sure your artwork is high resolution or ‘print ready’.
- Please supply all artwork at the correct size. Ensure your design is in millimetres, (mm) programs like Canva default to pixels (px) which is very different!
- Make sure your downloaded (Canva) or saved PDF file is in CMYK colour format.
The quality of your images is very important. Our digital presses are only capable of reproducing the quality you provide. If your photos or illustrations are fuzzy or bitmapped - they’ll print like that too!
If you have multiple designs, set them up as one per page (i.e. for 20 table numbers, your PDF should be 20 pages).
Bleed... what is bleed?!
If you have text, images or background colour that goes right to the edge of your design (or off the edge), then you‘ll need to extend your artwork into the bleed by 3mm. You can find relevant help on bleed in our Help Centre or in whichever program you’re using. (Google is pretty good too).
Safe printing area (so nothing important gets chopped off!)
Important text, graphics and borders must be in at least 5 mm from the edge. This is to allow for slight movement when printing and die cutting.
Safe printing area – all envelopes and Indie Handmade
All text and images must be a minimum of 10mm from the edge on envelopes and Indie Handmade due to the unprintable area around the edges.
- Please refer to our templates for envelopes if you wish to print on the back so you can see the safe area on the flap/sealing side.
Die cut shapes
Download our templates for the available die cut shapes to make sure your design fits. One shape only per dieline. 3mm is the minimum size cut out.
If you're using Canva to create your design, click here to see how to use our templates correctly.
Printed Pockets and Sleeves
Download our pocket and sleeve templates to use with your design, making sure everything fits.
Our pockets are designed to fit INSIDE standard envelopes, which means that if you have flat cards to go inside the pockets, your cards (invite, RSVP etc) need to be a little smaller to fit. We recommend at 5mm smaller on all sides.
- Download our handy 'insert sizes' to show you the best card sizes to fit in your pockets and sleeves.
- Using our templates with Canva.
Digital White Ink
All artwork for white ink should be supplied in CMYK 100% black - C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:100 (or #000000 if designing in Canva).
Digital Gold and Silver
All designs using either Digital Gold or Silver (you can’t combine the two) should be supplied in CMYK 100% black - C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:100 (or #000000 if designing in Canva).
Digital Metallic Colours
Please be aware that Digital Metallic Colours can only be correctly created using Adobe Illustrator or InDesign. It’s not possible to currently achieve this with Canva (but watch this space!) Click here for Digital Metallic Colours instructions.
- Setting up White Ink printing with CMYK click here.
- Setting up White Ink printing with Digital Gold, Silver and Metallic Colours (DGSM) click here.
- Setting up CMYK printing with Digital Gold, Silver and Metallic Colours (DGSM) click here