Please read the instructions carefully before uploading or sending us your design to print.
Getting the (large) format right every time
- We can only print from PDF files. Make sure your artwork is high resolution or ‘print ready’.
- Please supply all artwork at the correct size. Ensure your design is in millimetres, (mm) programs like Canva default to pixels (px) which is very different!
- Make sure your downloaded (Canva) or saved PDF file is in CMYK colour format.
The quality of your images is very important. Our digital presses are only capable of reproducing the quality you provide. If your photos or illustrations are fuzzy or bitmapped - they’ll print like that too!
If you have multiple designs, set them up as one per page (i.e. for 20 table numbers, your PDF should be 20 pages).
Bleed... what is bleed?!
If you have text, images or a background colour that goes right to the edge of your design (or off the edge), then you‘ll need to extend your artwork into the bleed by 5mm. You can find relevant help on bleed in our Help Centre or in whichever program you’re using. (Google is pretty good too).
Safe printing area (so nothing important gets chopped off!)
All important text, graphics and borders must be in at least 10mm from the edge. This is to allow for slight movement when printing and die cutting.
Download our templates for the available die cut shapes to make sure your design fits. One shape only per dieline. 10mm is the minimum size cut out.
You can create your own custom shape for Rigid Signage and Posters. Please follow these instructions.
We offer optional 10mm hanging holes at the top corners (standard position but changes depending on size and shape).
- If you require holes in a specific position, please order a custom shape and create your own dieline.
- Holes are available for Rigid Signage in A2, A1, A0, 600x600mm and 800x800mm in all shapes (half arch has holes on short straight edge only).
- If you require smaller holes for hanging your sign (for leather straps etc) then Eco Board is easy to pierce/punch yourself using a paperclip or similar.
Digital White Ink.
White ink printing is available on suitable single-thickness Peterkin stocks.
Current stock offerings are found in the drop-down options of our digital white ink print products on the website. All artwork for white ink should be supplied in CMYK 100% black - C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:100 (or #000000 if designing in Canva).
Click here for do’s and don’ts of large format printing and some top tips!